Short Term tubes are used to measure concentration of specific contaminants instantaneously. Currently, about 160 short term Draeger tubes are available for determining and measuring more than 350 different gases, vapors and aerosols. (Please contact us if you cannot find what you are looking for)
The majority of the short term Draeger Tubes are scaled tubes, operating on a defined sample volume drawn through the tube by performing a specified number of pump strokes. The concentration of the contaminant is read directly from the calibrated scale by assessing the length of the discoloration.
Short term measurements can be made manually with the Accuro gas detector pump or automatically with the battery operated Accuro 2000. see Related products below for all pumps mentioned.
A tube should be selected to detect each suspected chemical. Simply locate the contaminant and select the tube according to the chemical hazard to be tested and the measuring range. Order the tube online or by phone,
Note: Measuring range information pertains to air monitoring only.
How The System Works
Simple 4 step operation:
- Select the appropriate Draeger Tube for chemical hazard and expected concentration.
- Open tube and insert in pump.
- Pull sample through tube.
- Read concentration directly from the colour band on the scale.
If the designated air contaminant is present, it reacts with the chemical reagent in the tube, producing a colour change. The length or intensity of the colour band indicated contaminant levels - the longer or darker the stain, the higher the concentration.
Caution: Interchanging Draeger Pumps and Tubes with other brands may cause erroneous results and should not be done.
- Measuring concentration at a specific moment (e.g. concentration peaks)
- Detecting leaks (e.g. in pipelines or gas installations)
- Investigating confined space (e.g. canals, tunnels or tanks)
- School and Plant Operators
- Industrial Hygienists
- HVAC Engineers
- Building Maintenance Supervisors
- Indoor air quality test Professionals
- Insurance Claim Adjusters
- Hospital Engineers
- Law Enforcement
- Waste Water Treatment
- Occupational Health and Safety Professionals